Politicians debate illegal immigration yet ignore rampant fraud within the LEGAL immigration system.
Exposing government incompetence
& lax homeland security
February 14, 2018: In light of congress' push to pass immigration legislation, I'll be drafting suggested changes to current law in the days ahead. To put the wishes of foreign nationals before those of U.S. citizens and national security interests is downright irresponsible.
I'll be focusing on
1) closing existing waivers that get foreign nationals out of a two-year marriage requirement (a requirement enacted by congress in 1986 to root out fraud);
2) fast-tracked green cards based on unsubstantiated, uninvestigated allegations of abuse;
3) waivers to "inadmissibility" based on criminal activities, prostitution, false statements;
4) the ability of U.S. citizens to nullify financial support obligations when a finding of fraud;
5) the ability of U.S. citizens to engage in immigration fraud investigations and the immigration process;
6) the ability of U.S. citizens to trigger an automatic fraud investigation from the federal immigration bureaucracy;
7) extend the same protections and taxpayer-funded programs to citizen domestic violence victims (only currently available to foreign-nationals)
8) initiate the fast-tracked deportation of abusive foreign spouses;
9) providing warning, guidance and protections to Americans seeking to start the immigration process for a foreign national (such as offered in Canada to warn of fraud);
10) a longer marriage requirement with rare exceptions/waivers for marriage-based green cards (being extended in other countries to root out fraud);
11) extend the 90-day fiancé visa to 180 days; and
12) provide financial reimbursement to American spouses defrauded through marriage fraud (from the foreign spouses);
13) a financial penalty for the immigration bureaucracy if American citizens excluded from the immigration process or credible requests for fraud investigations ignored.
Please stay tuned for proposed changed.
(citizen advocate & immigration fraud whistle blower)